Sunday, July 09, 2006

strangers running with pickles


today is movie day on scissors happy, which was coincidental.

cd sent me the trailer for running with scissors, which i am totally excited for, as i loved the book and the cast looks awesome. watch here.

eb and i are going to go see strangers with candy later today. i cannot believe that a major hollywood studio would be willing to produce this (with david letterman as executive producer), and it restores my faith in the industy. we'll see how it turns out, however.

and while this is not a movie, it is a clip that you can watch, and is a story that is begging to be told: a girl went on maury to discuss and (barely) confront her fear of pickles. i have never seen anything quite so bizarre that claims to be factual in a very long time. if daytime tv was always this good, i would get a night job. the clip is from dlisted. what happened to this girl as a child? did she watch a pickle murder her parents?

4 comments:

the syracusan said...

I liked Running With Scissors more the first time I saw it, when it was called The Squid and the Whale. Seriously, couldn't they wait at least a year?

SarahReznor said...

awesome! i love these stupid fears! and i love the title of your post.

Anonymous said...

most women who hate pickles that much are lez-bo.

Anonymous said...

The unfortunate thing about that pickles video is that I've already seen it... when it was originally on Maury. If I'd been the first to post the link online, I'd be hip. As is, I'm just a sorry situation.

That said, I did call my friend after I saw it to tell him about it, so... uh, I have a friend.

Really, I do. He has a name and everything.