Friday, January 04, 2008

dearly departed

congrats to my friend bc for winning the 2007 dead pool! he's horribly pop-culture-obsessed AND he had anna nicole on his list, so he beat me (i was second place) by 68 points. i only had a total of 50 points last year, so i am proud of my improvements. here's to a very bloody 2008!

pos has a new blog for the 2008 dead pool - check after the 7th for the lists and then be sure to read it through the year for all of the notable deaths and for my cute boyfriend's witticisms.

to those on my list who died last year:

some of you died too young (Tammy Faye Bakker, cancer, age 65) and some of you should never have been born (Awad Hamed al-Bandar, hanged at age 62 with his asshole friend Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti, age 56). i LOVE the books of one of you (Kurt Vonnegut, Jr, age 84) and always meant to get around to reading another (Norman Mailer, also 84). the remaining two were married to presidents - Lady Bird Johnson, a ripe old 94, and a 90-year-old ex-Mrs Reagan, Jane Wyman.

special shout-out to Brooke Astor, who finally got bored with this shit at the age of 105. i will always have a warm spot buried deep into the cockles of my tar-black heart for her, simply because she didn't die in 2006 and thus make me earn negative dead pool points. my research has improved and i'll post the 2008 list once everyone has submitted their lists.

No comments: