oh lord jesus why am i so goddamned tired? i am a person who has always cherished sleep, and i have the sort of toddler who i don't want to talk about too much because it comes across as bragging (because she is fucking perfection) but let's just say that i don't get out of bed -- ever -- before 8:30 am on the weekends, and she is still asleep when i leave on weekday mornings at 7:40. i have woken up at 10:15 on a sunday and had a total moment of panicky "oh fuck i bet she's dead in there" and nope, she's just fucking awesome, still sleeping, or laying there amusing herself like the rad little kid that she is.
so anyway, we sleep in this family. we lay in bed and we read, and then, when dumb shit like work doesn't get in the way, we loll about. there are no morning jogs in my house. there are no up-and-at-em, let's hit the farmers market before 7 and then run a 5k before lunch sorts of sundays. naw, we're pajama people, catch-up-on-the-dvr, maybe-i'll-make-pancakes-around-10:30 sorts. and that's how i like it. i am personally insulted every morning when my alarm goes off at 6:30 (7:00 if i took a shower the night before, 7:15 if i stopped giving a fuck). and there are nights, like now, 8:45 pm, and i am fucking exhausted, for no reason other than maybe i didn't sleep in as late as i wanted this weekend, maybe i got up early this morning. and like i said, it's not like i have the toddler who is demanding and screams at 5 am. god help me if i have another one and they are an early riser.
i might be too tired to read tonight, and that's fucking my plans because DUDE i need to get through my google reader.
do not even get me started on how pissed i am that they are killing off the google reader on july 1.
i know that it requires like ZERO coding effort for them to keep it going. no staff needed. no redesigns or massive amounts of storage or resources have to be dedicated to the reader. please, google, i beg of you, leave it alone. it is how i read the internet.
i have a vast number of "starred" items, meaning things that i saw pop up in my reader list/newsfeed, didn't have time to read or watch, and starred so i could come back later. i used to have well over 1,000 starred items, and have gotten it down to a manageable 300ish. the problem is that i am definitely lacking in time. sure, i could plow through 300 items, maybe, for the rest of the month, but some items will surely have to be sacrificed. here is a smattering of what i have in my long-ass list that i don't know if i will be able to get to:
* "American Juggalo: The Movie" - i've been meaning to watch since Sept 2011, when i first starred it. it's only 23 minutes and IT'S ABOUT JUGGALOS. what have i been waiting for?
* it's an hour, and sure to be fucking amazing/depressing - a documentary called I.Think.We.Are.Alone.Now, about middle-aged men obsessed with 1980s pop star tiffany.
* a ton of posts about roger ebert from when he died, which i want to read, because i loved him, but, like, ugggh, no time.
* four million fucking recipes and design ideas and other stupid shit that i will pin to my pinterest boards, never to be looked at or thought of again.
* and then like 18,000 articles ranging from how taking tylenol can ease your existential crisis to stuff about how to be a better parent (step one: stop reading parenting articles on the internet) to silly things like posts about world goth day or long articles other people have recommended, like the moron who wrote friday night lights and then spent over half of a million dollars on gucci clothing.
okay, so i have signed up for a new account with the old reader (um, catchy name?) and i have 20 days to get cracking. which i will do RIGHT NOW. sigh. i wish i wasn't so zzzzzzzzzzz.